A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Withings Smart Bodyscale


I finally opened up the Withings Smart Bodyscale, which had sat unopened since I bought it for myself for Christmas. Setting it up only took about 15-20 minutes -- very easy. When I step on the scale, it automatically uploads data on my weight, bodyfat % and, BMI to my Withings and MyFitness Pal accounts. Bodyfat% How does it measure that?

The scale cleverly uses electrical resistance to measure bodyfat. The result: despite working out consistently since a trip to the doctor and a blood test revealed 6 months ago that I had developed diabetes, my bodyfat % is at 27.3, which is in the obese range. Yikes! An excellent bodyfat % is in the teens.

Procedures for getting accurate measurements are clear. Needed lifestyle changes are not so clear, but getting the facts and the charts have been a wakeup call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.