A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Octane XR6000 Elliptical Trainer

What I like about Octane's XR6000 Elliptical trainer is the lateral movement, which differentiates it from a standard elliptical trainer, which only goes in a straight line. It makes sense to vary the kinds of movements done throughout the week so as to "even out the wear" on the machine. Back when G. Gordon Liddy was on 106.7 WJFK, Liddy reminisced about the source of his knee problems: he had been running around a track, always going in the same direction, while in jail. Another reason I like the lateral movements is to avoid boredom! The XR6000 is always a great workout!

Too bad, the data displayed on the screen doesn't automatically upload to myfitnesspall.com. I emailed this feedback to the company, and the service representative said that the data issue is being discussed. Oddly, none of the cardio machines at Audrey Moore Rec Center transmit workout data to Fitlinxx. Sounds like an opportunity to me, now that Smartphones are so ubiquitous.

After Christmas dinner, my niece, who manages a veterinary clinic in Burke, and I were talking about her efforts to persuade "Doc" to shrink their Yellow Pages advertisement and use the savings to get their business listed on the shopping center sign. The reference to the Yellow Pages led me to reflect: the Yellow Pages are going the way of the dinosaur. I then used the "Local" Google app on my new smartphone, and found their business listed with reviews, the latest of which was several months old, and there were a few other reviews that were over 2 years old, including some that were negative. To make a point, I then reviewed their business, a business that I love because they take such great care of Mabel!

The Smartphone is a highly disruptive technology. I smell opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.