A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Who knew that a "starvation" sized dinner was 580 calories!



Daniel Kurland

7:58 PM  -  Public
For my first trial on my brand new Perfect Portions Food Scale, I entered food code 0170 (ground beef, 90% lean, loaf, baked) for meatloaf. Apparently, while preparing a meal, a chef could get more precise data, but for my purposes, the display provided enough information to get me to pause before going back for seconds. I initially felt that I had been extremely conservative with my portion, so it came as quite a shock to see a readout indicating 460 calories! Another shock came when I saw the readout on my boiled squash: 120 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.