A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Michael Phelps: a true American Hero

Mike Wise wrote a great article about Michael Phelps that made the cover of today's Washington Post. Ever since I read about how the sports writer pulled his dog from the icy C&O Canal and nearly died, I have been a fan. Mike Wise is a gifted writer, but occasionally he writes some really dumb things. This week, his use of the word "disappointment" to describe performances of Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps rubbed me the wrong way, so I posted a response that several people have liked. Click on the link above or this one http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/michael-phelps-leaves-room-for-mom-while-on-top-of-the-world/2012/07/31/gJQA9zVwNX_allComments.html#comments to read the article and look for my response, which has my Poetic License Logo.

If you agree with my reasoning that "disappointment" is the wrong way to describe the silver medal performances of Lochte and Phelps, please "like" my response. Hopefully, Mike Wise will get the message that he needs to stop describing silver medals as "disappointments." Doing so, sends the wrong message to our children. It would be fun if my response to Mike Wise went viral and started to trend on Twitter, Google +, or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.