A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Great Exchange about Parenting with Max Weismann

Poetic License: Reflection and Commentary on News from the Network, Vol. 4, No. 4: "Reflection"

Above is a link to a remarkable exchange that I am having with the illustrious Max Weismann, who has kindly offered invaluable parenting advice to me. I have shared rather personal details about my son Joseph, and how I am responding, with Max's help, to what I would consider to be an overexposure to electronic media.

In response to the above post, and a question that I raised, Max replied:
You have asked the toughest question, known to man! The toughest job on the planet, is being a good parent--being president of the United States, is a piece of cake in comparison. I wish I had a good answer for you. Here is what counsel I can give, for a 12 year old, not knowing you or him and your circumstances--happy marriage, siblings, etc:
Click on the comments to see his answer. I would appreciate additional comments from people reading this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.