A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mr. Kurland's Class

Mr. Kurland's Class

Click the link to see the wiki I created in about 10 minutes -- just playing around! The idea of being able to share documents appealed to me, so I used a Google sites template to create a free, powerful wiki that is easily customizable. Of course, I need to and will edit the content.

Blackboard has an interactive workspace where a teacher could tutor a student as he solves problems. I wonder if there is an interactive workspace tool for Google sites?

Wow!  Google Docs allows anyone with permissions (in this case, anyone with the link may edit my test document. That's because it resides in the cloud! As the owner I can track all changes. Of course, the document can be accessed from inside the wiki itself by clicking on Writing Projects on the Sidebar.

I began the weekend looking for a platform to develop collaborative writing projects! My experiment was successful!

My next move is to open up this site to anyone who wants to collaborate in setting up a model classroom wiki.  Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.