A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Wired for Story

I finished listening to Wired for Story: The Writer's Guide to Using Brain Science to Hook Readers from the Very First Sentence (Unabridged) by Lisa Cron, narrated by Wendy Tremont King on my Audible app. Try Audible and get it free: https://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B0767ML4NK&source_code=AFAORWS04241590G4

As someone who has dreamed of becoming a writer my entire life, I've started and stopped many times. Why? I'm a reader. I have writing skill, I pay attention to my surroundings, I have voice, I understand philosophy as well as anyone. What I have always wondered about is how to write commercially, how to get paid!

Lisa Cron, in Wired for Story: a Writer's Guide to Using Brain Science to Hook Readers from the Very First Senrence, presents as a professional editor,  an industry insider, and I have little doubt that if I utilize the lessons from her case studies, and avoid the pitfalls, I too can realize that lifetime goal.

As New Years Day 2019 approaches, four years before Kurzweil's singularity, and my 60th birthday, I could use a little fire in my belly, as well as a reason to suspend disbelief. What the Hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.