A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Working Smarter

My Edmodo Library

Okay, why haven't I done this before? Edmodo is my new favorite educational website. I've had the tool for over a year, but I never started using it until a few weeks ago when my ASUS Vivotab Note 8 tablets started to arrive and I started getting serious about my project of setting up a "technology center" in my classroom.


Here are 7 things I love about Edmodo:

  1. Edmodo is Free (I think), but even if it is not free, it is well worth the money ...
  2. Edmodo is social media on steroids for teachers. Teacher's can post to communities and, amazingly, teachers throughout the world respond with suggestions.
  3. Edmodo offers a safe environment for teacher - student collaboration (somehow, they vetted my credentials (required me to take a photo of my ID badge and I had to provide my work email)
  4. The library function is easy to use, has a graphical interface, and amazingly, your library can be easily shared -- check out my links by clicking above. Yay!
  5. A suite of free cutting edge classroom management tools is included.
  6. The discovery tool provided "gifts from god" -- I just played with the discovery button tonight, It offered a gold mine of resources that I can use tomorrow -- yes, I really should be sleeping, but this stuff is money in the bank!
  7. The free apps available through the app launcher are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Okay, I have stories to tell, but I really need to get to bed. Will share when the spirit moves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.