A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Paleo Food List



Total Cholesterol: 144
LDL: 37
Triglicerides: 334
Sugar: 149
A1C: 8.4

Having just shelled out over $80 for a copay of my first round of diabetes medicine, what seemed a mere annoyance has finally captured my full attention. Money talks. Okay, Diabetes, you have my attention. What are you trying to tell me?

My workout routine fell off completely during the school year, as the prospect of professional failure felt more immediate than long-term health problems. Today, I did my first installment of the Metabolic Aftershock workout -- in about 15 minutes, with rest included, I worked up a good sweat and hopefully began a process of boosting my metabolism. Tonight, I'll go for a bike ride around the lake with my neighbor. Hopefully, little changes done consistently will lead to long term health benefits.

I just don't have the patience for counting calories. I tried. During the school year, I felt as if I was at least somewhat restrained with what I ate -- except when I had a frustrating day and felt I needed Five Guys. Lately, it's been all about carrots and celery. It's been about Nutriblasts. What I like about the Paleo idea, as described by the Caveman, is these are the kinds of foods that I actually enjoy and would eat all the time if time were not an issue. When given the time, I naturally eat right.

I highly suspect, based on internet sources, which of course are not always reliable, that my elevated blood sugar levels have led to what is known as Candida Overgrowth, a systemic, parasitic fungal infection. Maybe a Candida overgrowth is actually causing my diabetes. Whether or not this is true, I have purchased a Candida Cleanse. After discussing the risks with my doctor to confirm that it won't kill me or lead to an adverse reaction with my existing medication, I'm going to give it a try. Can't hurt! I have life insurance.

One bit of stability has been my summer school math class. It almost didn't work out that way, since I missed the training session after leaving my smartphone at home that day. My smartphone happens to be the tape and gum which holds my schedule together. I went home that day instead and fell asleep on the couch with all my clothes on. As a result, I did not know how to access the materials which caused me considerable panic last weekend. Monday, fortunately, was a classroom management day: it was all about teaching rules and routines. On Tuesday, I assessed. When I finally gained access to the all of materials, I found the lessons to be way better and more comprehensive than I had expected.

With a bank of 20 lessons to fall back on, like money in the bank, I can finally breath. Since next week I will need to pick Joe up from baseball camp, I won't have the luxury of staying after school to prep lessons. I prepped a week's worth of lessons. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.