A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Flight of the Bumble Bees

                In March I will be 49, so I have sailed through numerous transitions and have a lifetime of memories to guide me, and yet, here I go again, off to another rocky start, midway through my practicum. What is it about transitions that make transitions so difficult to navigate? Maybe our brains, which help us navigate through time and space, are wired to anticipate pain, which is why people tend to avoid transitions and remain in safe harbors of worn habits. Successful people develop mental maps that lead them in the most efficient way, subconsciously, to positive outcomes. With enough time passed, the sting of transitions fade, and the sweet nectar of success becomes so compelling, we are off again to "The Flight of the Bumblebees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.