A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Stopping by the woods on Thanksgiving Morning 2022.

Stopping by the woods on Thanksgiving Morning 2022.

These woods of mine I know so well
Where as a lad I used to dwell
Lost in the moment I didn't know
How unprepared I was for future snows.

My red haired hound must think it queer 
To stop without anyone near
Between the dawn and setting sun
The darkest times in all my years.

He gives his leash a shake
To ask if there is no mistake,
The only sound's the Beltway
and riot of oblivious birds.

These woods are littered with memories,
But I have promises to keep,
And now is not the time to sleep,
And now is not the time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.