A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Monday, April 5, 2021

The Force by Don Winslow: a Tragedy

It's late and I should be asleep, but I could not peel myself away from the poignant, bitter end of Denny Malone. I will pay for my indulgence, but the price was worth it. It's been decades since I've polished off a novel.

After the prologue, which begins near the conclusion, the reader is left wondering how a heroic officer ended  up in jaill. From there, the action throbs like a heart on adrenaline, pauses, & builds to a crescendo. The Force is about a well-intentioned cop who is chewed up by a corrupt system, and by his own choices. As in a classic tragedy, nearly everybody dies or has their lives destroyed. The entire House crashes.

Who's good? Who's bad? What's the right thing to  do? None of these have simple answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.