A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

32 degrees and rising

Ice glistens on trees,
Schools have a two hour delay --
Another reprieve.

The inevitable can only be delayed for so long. I think I will sleep for a few hours. Then I will get two Individualized Education Plans (IEP) ready for meetings. Tomorrow at 11:30 pm, immediately after my difficult 4th period class, I will lead an IEP Meeting.

I did my first one on my own on Monday. The Department Chair was not there. The Assistant Principal came late and left. Thanks to a dear friend who will retire this year, who helped me at the 11th hour pull everything together, the meeting went smoothly.

Tomorrow, I will launch a new unit on Measurement with my 4th period class. Materials are copied, but I'm not clear about how I will go about teaching procedures for converting measurements. I will review the standards I am supposed to be teaching. I hope I do not sleep more than 6 hours. That would be disastrous.

International Baccalaureate (IB) Auditors will be on site tomorrow.

Feeling a little overwhelmed. Need to chunk it down. Need a little rest. A little rest will do wonders. Wake up swinging. First things first. No other choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.