A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Team is everything

With the right people looking out for me,  I was able to  get up to speed quickly last week.  Twenty minutes was all I needed to save hours.  Within 20 minutes I had a whole planned.  With 3rd quarter grades due Friday,  a top 10 review session from practice SOL questions to prepare for Monday, a new unit to introduce Tuesday, and Tax Day around the corner, having a team to turn to enabled me to work at maxim efficiency.

Han made sure I knew how to use the Saffron - I didn't, and he needed help too.  Holly was there and demonstrated how to scan grades to identify the most frequently missed problems. I was able to ask how a top 10 lesson goes. She also explained the sequence of activities for the introductory lessons for coordinate planes.  Han mentioned that he would be playing Battleship later - Holly explained the process as she waited for her copies.

Last week,  reserved 2 carts and Carrie the pregnant lady reserved a computer lab for 2 days. Holly suggested that,  since students were taking longer than expected,  we should back off of introducing new material and take care of end of quarter and new quarter administrative details.

I was up until 4am last night doing my taxes and spent today with my family watching an Orioles game. Tonight, I still have to prepare for my Top 10 lessons,  grade test workspaces, and record grades, but I can do so efficiently,  knowing that my taxes are done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.