A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Rising Son Update.

Rising Son in the West: I stopped writing because I was so angry & bitter about what had happened to Grandpa. The 1983-1984 holiday I spent in the Library of Congress reading old newspapers was difficult to process, & I didn't know where to go with it, so I went silent, decided not to say anything.

I used to think Rising Son was about the men until I realized that the women in the family were the strong ones: Grandma, Pepe, you, Dawn. Need to fill in gaps, find the story, get something going. July.

As you once said, "Summer is short. Winter is long and dreary."

Really intend to write that book. Now.

RS is a story about the story we are writing. Our voice, our message. Gamän. We take a little poetic license for the sake of telling a good story, because that's what story tellers do.

History is made by historians.

RS is no longer an angry book. Instead, RS now channels anger & frustration to beautify and maintain order, to educate a family, to serve others.

There are stories to be told. The details matter. You are an incredible story teller.

Explain why we weren't allowed to bring that dog home we won at the Burgundy Farm fair. I want to get your animal stories on tape. All of them.

Tell me about that boat ride you & Grandma took to the mainland in a storm. I want your stories on tape.

I want your stories about Joe. Why did you chase a 3 year old the House with Hop on Pop?

Collaborate with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.