A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Sunday, January 5, 2014

I'm going to be a guinea pig: Probiotics in my Neti Pot to cure sinusitis

Heal Sinus Infections with No Antibiotics (Really)

I'm a tad impulsive. After opening up e-mail from from some health-site -- I'm on a few distribution lists, probably because I checked a box for diabetes -- I listened to one of those advertisements where the artist draws visuals that accompany the presentation, and based on the symptoms they described, I came away with the fear that I have an overgrowth of a parasitic fungus called Candida. Yes, Mom, self-diagnosing, self-treating, exactly what you always tell me not to do. Their explanation made perfect sense. And, Dr. Oz did in fact address this topic.

According to the presentation that hooked me, and persuaded me to open up my wallet to buy their Keybiotics probiotic supplement, Candida overwhelms other microbes inside the body as a consequence of high blood sugar, and even sends chemical messages to the brain to "feed me" -- a direct allusion to some B-Movie I recall from my childhood but cannot name. To fully eradicate this "American Parasite," people need to change their diets, away from processed foods, away from food products produced by agribusinesses such as wheat, even dairy fed on grains, and go "paleo," plus reseed their guts with good bacteria.

According to the article featured above, this might hurt a little, but it's worth a try. I need my energy, since the 2nd half of school begins tomorrow, and I need to do whatever I can to overcome feelings of overwhelm, mind fog, etc., and become more organized than I ever have been before.

My school computer has a crashed hard drive, which, fortunately, I discovered immediately after my holidays started. I can't imagine how deflating it would be to show up at school, only to discover that my computer was not working. Talk about a miserable Monday.

I wasn't able to do reports I need to prepare for my mid-term evaluation. I wasn't able to pull up IEP's and reports I use, stored on the server, that help me manage my caseload. Since I had arranged with Dr. P to get in on December 26th, I did, however, make all my copies and was able to downloaded materials I need to teach and store it on my Skydrive. Disaster averted.

Tony Robbins reminds that fear can be a very useful tool, if one heeds the message: "get prepared." The message of Candida is there are no quick fixes, and that a cure for chronic fatigue, mind fog, sinusitis, itchy skin, etc., depends on wholesale lifestyle changes.

Meanwhile, bring on the Neti Pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.