A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Sunday, November 3, 2013

A fear of failure

On the way to Joe's baseball game. Riddled with guilt for all his missed baseball games. With grades due and Special Education responsibilities, feeling overwhelmed.

Mabel has been taken care of. I walked her down the Gulf Branch trail to the cliffs overlooking Chain Bridge yesterday, then treated her to Dogma treats and a new toy. Today, I walked her along the County Connector Trail.

Supposedly, I had a 93% pass rate last year. This year, first quarter data indicate that this year will be a cliffhanger.

Recently got my SMART goal approved by Dr. P after an interesting discussion. Dr. P could see that the timid goal I wrote reflected "other people's thinking." He helped me understand that a low goal was like Zig Ziegler's "flea trainer analogy." I changed it to "all of my students will be successful." He said, "you know what to do."

Came up with a creative solution to not providing data to my team on a timely basis: students will do all tests using a computer. All students will be taking their state tests on line anyway. Students can use natural reader, which saves me from having to read to students with 15 different rates of receptivity. Also, students get automatic results once they have submitted for their scores.

My measurable means to the end include vocabulary, behavior, and math facts measurements. Will have to do all grading when I get home. Worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.