A calling ...

"We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims."

"Make the world work for 100% of humanity in the shortest possible time through spontaneous cooperation without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone."

- Buckminster Fuller

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Poem from schoolfeed.classmates.com

Currently, I am preparing to write a scathing critique of how technology is being used in schools and elsewhere, in light of what we are learning about Adam Lanza and the Notre Dame football player with a fake girlfriend, and the widespread lack of empathy I have observed in an entire generation of elementary school students raised on violent video games. Here, on the other hand, is an example of technology being used for what I would consider to be a positive purpose: to connect people.

A Poem by Danny Ary (link from schoolfeed.classmates.com)

With permission from the author, some unknown, underappreciated American war hero, who is finding his voice, and finding the courage to share:

Danny Ary     Poetry  
When and how did the pain start
In the dark recesses of the mind
Or in the tender core of the heart
No, twas both anguish entwined

Sharp edges of dreams cut deep
Peeling back layers of raw nerve
As graphic scenes interrupt sleep
Sapping my soul of critical verve

This as aches throb within my chest
Grief and shame tearing at my core
A torrent of emotions giving no rest
A heart damaged by the results of war

Meds now keep me from the brink
But alone, late at night, I still weep
Within my mind choices I rethink
And go another night without sleep

By Danny Ary


No comments:

Post a Comment

My goal is to engage in civil conversation.